This board was inspired by the latest issue of I Do for Brides--a fanciful wedding! Words to describe this wedding: adventurous, imaginative, and unique. Colors: apple green, grape jelly purple, bubble gum pink, hot air balloon yellow, snow cone turquoise, and fire engine red.
1. Hold your fanciful wedding in a theater, like Jersey City's Loew's Theater, which NY Wedding Magazine calls one of the best deals you can find in the NY area. Post your names on the marquise outside.
2. I love the new stamps from Melissa's Smitten, and I also love her photo--for a tasty but inexpensive wedding favor, package meringues from Miss Meringue in a bright colorful bag.
3. Gift bride and groom pez dispensers or bride and groom bubble gum. Or, if you want your favors to be more elegant, place the pez or gum on tables during the cocktail hour, during dancing, or by the door as guests leave. This way you can still give them something a little heftier as an official favor (like gigantic swirl lollipops!).
4. Rent an old wooden pushcart to serve as a candy buffet, or snow cone cart.
5. Love this save the date ticket card!
6. Rent a vintage photobooth from NYC Photobooths.
7. Set up a colorful swagged or carnival tent.
8. Leave your reception in a hot air balloon.
9. Hold a fireworks show.