Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rob and Lea's Wedding

This weekend my fiance was a groomsman in the wedding of our close friends, Rob and Lea, in Providence Forge, Virginia. It was beautiful! My own photos can't really do it justice, so I'm going to wait for Lea to share some of her professional shots with me (for now, they're honeymooning in Hawaii!). But I couldn't wait to share some of my favorite details! The wedding took place at a beautiful country Bed and Breakfast called Jasmine Plantation, and the Virginia country was Lea's inspiration throughout. The flowers (beautiful pink wildflowers in silver buckets) were perfect; the maids' blue and silver dresses were custom-made; the bride wore a beautiful pink-hued lace dress with bright pink heels; dinner consisted of southern favorites like beef brisket and mac 'n cheese; Jason Miraz's "Lucky" was the absolute perfect first dance song; and the live band was seriously amazing--they played ALL of the songs I want to hear at my own wedding (lots of oldies and goodies)! I promise I'll share more later, but for now, here are my favorite little details:

Above: Guests received little burlap sacks filled with Virginia peanuts as welcome bags at their hotels; a lemonade stand, with snacks of peanuts and peanut m&ms, was set out before the ceremony; beer was served in old-style country jars; favors were beautiful glass jars filled with peanut m&ms and topped with the couple's monogram.

Congratulations Rob and Lea!

No comments: