Sunday, November 16, 2008

Marie-Antoinette Inspired Wedding


This wedding posted on Snippet and Ink is one of the most GORGEOUS weddings I have seen in a long time! First of all, I love the pastel blue and pink color scheme. The entire wedding was inspired by Marie Antoinette (which meant ruffles, pink macaroons, pink roses, and blue drapery). All soft and romantic. Perhaps my favorite detail was the cake--underneath, the bride included love letters her recently deceased grandmother had written back and forth to her husband (the bride's grandfather) when he was away at war in the 1940s...

6 comments:

Bertie said...

This is certainly the most perfect wedding I've seen. So gorgeous and full of amazing details! *sigh*

Grosgrain Bride said...

Oh wow! I love everything about this wedding! So so pretty - great find!

An Atlanta Bride said...

loving that tablescape!

melissamac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissamac said...

Since Marie Antoinette became a victim of the guillotine, I'm not quite sure what message this theme is sending. :) Gorgeous though. Hope your plans are going well!

Mike said...

What does the R on the cake stand for?