Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wooden Benches

I love the idea of seating guests at long wooden tables and wooden (backed) benches. It creates such a simple, beautiful ambiance for an outdoor reception. One wedding I'll always remember took place outside at the bride's house in Maine, overlooking the ocean. She got married at a little white chapel in the country, and the reception took place at her house. She set up a tent in her yard with wooden tables and benches and served a simple lunch. It was a gorgeous day and I'll always remember how simply beautiful this wedding was.

1 comment:

Thao said...

I agree! I feel that al fresco dining on long picnic tables is so summery and intimate. I hope to pull something similar off for my own wedding! The simplest celebrations always seem the most sincere, don't they?